• White Water Rafting & Tubing - rivers and streams of varying degrees of challenge; within walking distance of Tuckaseigee River.
• Cherokee Indian Reservation and Harrah’s Casino - outdoor theater, museum, trout fishing, Indian Village, and gambling.
• Great Smoky Mountains Railway - scenic excursions through the mountains.
• Waterfalls - numerous day trips to spectacular waterfalls, parks, and hiking trails.
• Dillsboro - over 50 shops, including working artist’s studios and local crafts.
• Blue Ridge Parkway - scenic mountain highway.
• Cashiers and Highlands - unique high country towns.
• Plus - Gem Mining, Horseback Riding, Golfing, Flea Markets, picnic grounds, and Skiing.
• Lake Glenville and several other lakes with boat access only minutes away.
• Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• Fly fishing Trail
• Tuckasegee Trading Company
• Lof'Dahl Swedish Spa is close and inviting-- book your massage while here.
• AB's Fly Fishing Guide Service
A little further away, but worth the trip:
• Biltmore Estate - built by George Vanderbuilt in 1890; gardens, vineyards, and museums.
• Fontana Dam - highest dam in Eastern U.S., excellent fishing and boating.
• Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest - largest stand on virgin hardwood in the eastern U.S.
• Gatlinburg, Dollywood, Piegon Forge, and Asheville - numerous attractions, entertainment, and shopping.